Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Revise my play

So I played pretty well last night and still lost. I made a dumb mistake in a $3rebuy, but that is more of a fun tourney for me. I cashed in the last spot of a $100 NL MTT on Party Poker for about $160. I played in 5 sngs. 3 $100 (2 2nd place finishes for $600 total) 2 $50 (one 3rd place for $100) - so I made $300 playing those 5 sngs. The sngs helped a bit, but my losses playing $100 and $150 MTT can add up. I lost $500 in big MTTs last night not including the fees. I then switched to a cash $3/$6NL and turned $300 into $1000 with two extremely loose players playing. I then lost $800 of it on one hand playing AA vs Q8 he called a raise to $48 pre flop! He was loose and went all in with a Q85 flop and I folded the winner a couple of times to these two players so I called and lost. I then got mad and lost the other $200 going all in pre-flop after he raised for the millionth time and he showed QQ to my 33. I hit a set on the flop, but he caught a flush on the turn. This happens many times where I find these people and they raise and raise with junk and the time I decide to get involved they catch a flop or actually have a hand. I can usually get all the money back in short order since their style lends itself to that, but the one guy busted out after losing $600 and then put another $600 in and built that to $1400 and then lost all of that. The other guy had my money when I left but it was 3am and I had to go to bed. I added both of them to my buddy list so I will look for them tonight.

I am going to only play one MTT tonight and concentrate on cash games and sngs to build my money up a bit. I don't know if I will play any more big MTT on Stars anymore. I hate the 1500 in starting chips. I get 3000 to 5000 on Party and with only 1500 chips one mistake early can put you short stacked for the entire tourney. I love the $3 rebuy on Stars though!

1 comment:

Lee said...

I have played the $200 rebuy once. I did OK, but was a bit nervous at that level. i have played the $10rebuy many times. I need to work on my rebuy game a bit, so I have been doing the $3rebuy to get better at it before I play the big ones again.