Monday, August 21, 2006

Last night and this Morning

So I got home around 7:30pm last night and I was pretty tired. I was looking forward to playing poker, but I should have just went to bed. I played the highest buy-in MTT I have ever played. It was a $215 NL rebuy on Poker Stars. There were several high ranked players there and I had enough to buy in, one rebuy, and the add-on. That is $615! So I played well and build my 1500 chips to over 4000 when I called a few people in the small blind with 67. The flop came 67Q! I checked the flop and the two people behind be checked as well. There was about 500 in the pot and the turn was a 3. Nothing showing so I bet 200 and got raised to 500. I went all in right there not wanting to see the river and got called. I had the two pair and the other guy flipped over Q7! I was going to lose there no matter what, but I was down to about 750 chips. A few hands later I got KK and raised it to 3X BB (300 bet) and someone called. I went all in on the flop and I lost to trip J's. He had 8J and he flop was 67J and the river was another J- oh well I had a short stack and I guess he gambled pre-flop a bit. Well I did a rebuy and the last hand before the break i got 10 10. I raised to 300 and was called and another guy went all in. So I had 1200 left and I called and the other guy did as well. They checked it down and I survived and tripled up. I did the add-on and had over 6000 chips at the break. It was a small MTT (120 started) and it paid at 18. I got up to 11,000 and called an all in of 2000 with 22 taking a chance. He had 88 and won. This was after I folded 66, 44, and 33 to all-in bets. The 44 would have tripled me up to over 30000 when AA went allin and the flop had a 4. So I got blinded down a bit to 6000 and bluffed all in with a A9 hearts with a JQJ flop with two hearts showing. I got called with KQ and no hearts on turn or river so I lost and place 42nd.

I played well and just couldn't get much going - no cards and I rarely hit a flop.

I was down close to $2K last night, but brought it back with some cash games and some play this morning. I am still down about $1200 from last night, but I hope to get that back tonight since I got a decent night sleep.

I also played a $109 NL on Party Poker - made 2 moves and they didn't work - got busted about halfway through.

Played a $22 NL rebuy on stars - didn't make it to the break. Played well and everyone was going all in on almost everyhand with junk so I had 88 late and tried it and got called by 3 people - AA, AK, and QQ. I didn't rebuy - the play was a bit to erratic at my table. Two separate people made at least 10 - 15 double rebuys!

Got busted twice for $300 on cash games. I had top pair once and the guy caught two pair on the turn and I had JJ once and misread someone who had AQ with a Q on the board (bad play on my part).

So my MTT play still costs me a bunch to play, but my $17,500 win 2 weeks ago is keeping me playing them. My cash games suffer when I am playing MTT since I can't really play them at the same time. I like to play 3-4 MTT at a time to allow myself to wait a bit on hands early on.

No comments: