Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Introduction

I have been playing poker all my life and got started when I was about 7 or 8 sitting in for my mom and dad during family poker games. The stakes were small and the play very friendly so it was a good learning experience. As I grew older I got better and started playing with my own money or money lent to me by my parents - most people were drinking so as the night went on I usually cleaned up and made $5 or $10 for the night. This continued as time went on and as I got into my college years I would play from time to time, but nothing regular. I didn't start playing online until I saw the WPT about 5 years ago. I saw and add for Party Poker and signed up. I started off playing $6 sngs and $0.5/$1 LHE and $25NL. I never really did much for the next two years and only played here and there. I then moved to San Diego and started playing a bit more with all the Poker on TV. I moved up in stakes to the point I was playing $10/$20 NL and $30/$60limit. I played $100/$200 limit once and I was playing with thousands of dollars at a time. I held my own and had some nice swings and some bad swings. Then after my son was born and my wife quit her job I thought I could use Poker to pay some of the bills. I was stressed out and didn't play well. I ended up quitting my job out and San Diego and moved my family to the Philly area. It is much cheaper here and once our house sold in CA we were financially stable and my poker could go back to something fun.

after my house sold and I payed off debt that we accumulated over the years I sat down and made a plan for my poker. I stopped playing the high limit tables and stuck with $3/$6NL as my cash game of choice. I rarely play limit and I like to play 6 seated. I will play sngs and usually play the $109 and $215 at Party Poker. I have played the $530 twice. I came in 4th once and won once ($2500!!). Since June I have been doing much better. I am up about $20K and playing well. I went through a bad spell and lost most of what I initially made (about $3K), but after a nice MTT payoff ($17,500) and some better play I am back up to about $20K.

So with this blog I hope to record the ups and downs of the online poker life. I came up with this idea after reading similar blogs of people I met on pokeranalysis.com

Hope this reads well! I suck at spelling so please ignore that.

No comments: