Friday, August 18, 2006

Bad Cards and Bad Play!

I played extremely bad last night and since I also got bad cards I basically lost $200 on two $100 sngs, $200 on $3/$6 NL, and $600 in MTT. $1000 total

Party Poker Super Thursday and made a horrible call with a pair of Q's with QJ and got beat out be AQ to get knocked out. Extremely poor play there.

$150 NL MTT on Stars and just couldn't get anything going. Bad cards here - nothing bad about my play.

$33 NL rebuy on Stars - no cards and some bad play mixed in. I had KK cracked by 43!! He called a 4XBB bet preflop, and a pot bet on the flop only to catch 2 pair on the turn. I then lost most of my chips thinking I had the best hand. I never really got anything going after that and lost about $150 in rebuys and the add on.

$3 rebuy to Sunday Million on Stars - I was playing well and then had a brain freeze with AK and a straight on the board. I thought it would be a split pot since I didn't think the last card (gutshot card to make a straight on the board) would help the guy since I bet big on the turn and he called. Oh well.

$11 rebuy - $55K guaranteed - junk cards

So I think most of my problem was that I was really tired. We just moved into our house and I have been working hard at work and then working at night on the house before I play poker. We are painting the entire interior of the house including the trim and ceilings. We got all new appliances so I needed to hook them up and had a bunch of trouble getting the dishwasher in without leaks! Anyways I was really tired and had 4 tables going and my wife talking to me and I just wasn't in the zone. My advice to anyone is really try to play without distractions and when you are rested - you will be amazed by your play.

So I woke up in the morning still mad about my play and decided to play $10/$20 NL. Now I got myself into trouble in the past when I would lose, get mad, and then try to move up and get the money back. I have played at the $10/$20NL level for about 6 months before, but the swings were hard to take. Anyways I sat at a 6 seated table and basically stayed even and then was dealt AA.

I sat down at the table with about $990.

***** Hand History for Game 4972984234 *****
$2000 NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 18, 07:47:15 ET 2006 Table Monster #1278131 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: joecohen18 ( $917.17 )
Seat 2: play2win238 ( $2857.36 )
Seat 3: In_Memoriam ( $2616.50 )
Seat 5: sToP_U_dOnKeY ( $3117 )
Seat 6: korpen ( $1926.25 )
Seat 4: dapfunkera ( $896.65 )
play2win238 posts small blind [$10].
In_Memoriam posts big blind [$20].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to dapfunkera [ As Ad ]
dapfunkera raises [$60].
sToP_U_dOnKeY folds.
korpen calls [$60].
joecohen18 folds.
play2win238 folds.
In_Memoriam folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, 4h, Td ]
dapfunkera bets [$100].
korpen raises [$200].
dapfunkera calls [$100].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Kh ]
dapfunkera checks. korpen checks.
** Dealing River ** [ 8c ]
dapfunkera bets [$350].
korpen calls [$350].
dapfunkera shows [ As, Ad ] a pair of aces.
korpen doesn't show [ Jc, Ah ] a pair of jacks.
The time at which hand ended:Aug 18 2006 07:47 ET
dapfunkera wins $1246.50 from the main pot with


I played it pretty well, but I wish that K on the turn was an A - I would have doubled up, but I basically made $500 before work in about 20 minutes and made up for about 1/2 of what I lost last night. I do not recommend people doing this since I was in a bad mood and would have called anything post flop with that AA. Thus if he hit two pair or a set I would have lost another $1000.

So I am much better about controlling my emotions playing poker, but I slip from time to time. I still need to work on this, but it is getting better. I was actually able to go to bed last night after my MTT losses instead of playing until I got the money back.

We are driving back to Pittsburgh, PA tonight for my son's first birthday party so I might play a bit tonight when I get there, but I won't be able to tomorrow.

No comments: