Thursday, September 07, 2006

So I am playing very well right now making some nice moves and great reads, but I have had trouble getting cards. I played the following last night

$150NL - Stars - I have never done well in this, I never get anything to play with and every time I raise - I get re-raised. Had QQ one time and tripled up with it getting lucky, but beyond that my best hand was 99.

$90K g - $30 R&A on Paradise Poker. This is becoming one of my favorite tourneys. I was about 50/150 in chips late, but made a move and lost 1/3 of my stack and then couldn't recover. Still a fun tourney with >$20K 1st prize. It only costs me $90 each time since I usually double up early through someone else's greed. I finished around ~120?

$13K g -- $30 R&A on AP. Another fav tourney right no of mine - I placed 25th with it costing me $120 (double add-on). There is slightly more than 100 people playing this so getting the money is realistic. My problem was dead cards - so over about 150 hands I had the following
AK - onceA10 - once99 & JJ- once

I never had AQ, AJ, AA, KK, QQ, 1010. I rarely had suited connectors and I folded 47 times in a row at one point. I has 8th in chips with about 75 people and dropped to 25th with 25 left when I went in with 44 - lost to 66. I still like this tourney and I will win this soon - the play isn't as good as I have seen on other sites.

$10 r&a - on AP. I finished 12th. It paid top 9 - I think there was about 80 - 100 people to start? I did well, but had some trouble with cards.

$150 Super Sed. LIMIT on Party. - I am not a good limit player, but I played my best in this tourney. I finished around 65 and in the money. I made a stand in the BB that was dumb to lose - it is too hard to bluff in limit and I just messed up, but beyond than I played well - I folded many times and played super tight.

$20 - 180 sng. Short stacked throughout. I think I finished 20th. One of the CL kept raising every time and I made a move with A9 figuring he was weak - he called with 77 and won the race. I made the right read - just didn't work though.

$20K g on Party - got knocked out early. Raised to 175 with the blinds at 20/40 and was called with 55. Flop was 445. I lost all but 160 of my chips thinking I had the best hand.

So I played a bunch of tourneys, but with my cash in the Super Wed I didn't lose too much and if a few hands went my way I would have hit a FT or two. All in all a good night

I played about 1hr of $2/$4 NL on two tables - won $300 - on AP.

1 comment:

Lee said...

We all go through our rough stretches in Poker. I had one right before I joined PA. I think I have a good plan for MTTs now and I am reading the cards great.

Congrats on the house! We are on our third house after mving so much around the country. Having a house will cut into your poker time - trust me on that!