Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Well, its been a long time since I posted here. My poker career has had its highs and lows, but I think I am finally at a point in my life to really start to get serious about it. Too many time I won money in a tournament and then donked a chunk of it of playing cash games or stupid stakes for people. I have a simple plan going forward and the biggest challenge will be sticking to it. My personal goal is an overall profit of $25K for 2010 from poker. This is net profit after paying out splits from stakes and makeup owed. If I win $ through tourneys I am not really going to see much of it to start until I start to get even on some of the makeup I owe. Some people have chosen not to invest in me again and that will save some money initially, but I imagine they might start investing again if I turn things around.

My torunament play will be mostly backed through parttimepoker.com and I think I am going to try and stay on my own for SNGs.

My path forward.

MTTs - I am going to try and stick to a lower ABI, nothing really to do with the level of competition, but I can play more tables for less money and I hope to increase my overall ROI doing so. I will still play some higher buy-ins, but I want to approach this with volume at mid levels where know I can win consistently. So i am going to do my best to stay away from playing a bunch of $100+ tourneys. I will play them, but only 1-2 a night at most.

SNGs - I have been working on my 45 turbo game at the $6.50 level on Stars. I have been profitable at the $27s in the past, but things went sour last year. I am relearning the game and will stay at this level for now. I need to get much more volume in though

Cash games - I just tilt too easily playing cash games so I will do my best to stay away from them. Playing live cash games has never been issue for me so I will be playing some live ever now and then. Pennsylvania will be getting table games this summer so I will be heading up to Washington, PA once they get them

Thats all for now - I do not plan on advertising this blog anywhere so I doubt anyone will be reading it, but if someone shows up here by chance don't hesitate to say high.

1 comment:

Me said...

Saw you had a lot of railers at the SM final 2 tables so googled you and eventually found your blog.

Unlucky with the AA<KQ there on the FT Bubble. Would have been a nice score.

Think you should play MTT's on your own dime if you can afford it and have cleared any makeup.

Just look at TJ Cloutier. He always had backers. One of the all time money winners and he had to pawn off his WSOP bracelet at one point.